November 23, 2018 7:25am
With the NYSE and NASDAQ markets closing at 1 p.m.
I there a return policy for any of today’s low volume actions?
Pre-open indications: Spark Therapeutics (ONCE announced that the European Commission has granted marketing authorization for LUXTURNA® (voretigene neparvovec), a one-time gene therapy for the treatment of adult and pediatric patients with vision loss due to inherited retinal dystrophy caused by confirmed biallelic RPE65 mutations and who have sufficient viable retinal cells. This authorization is valid in all 28-member states of the EU, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. LUXTURNA is the first gene therapy for a genetic disease that has received regulatory approval in both the U.S. and EU - BUY
I post about “indication intelligence” devoting my time to collection and analysis of information to assist investors in the perception of sector vulnerabilities and strengths – it’s more than opinion, the facts and truth need to be recognized!
A trusted source of factual reporting of preludes and aftermaths!
There’s a difference between trust and conviction. Trust is something you can rely on, beyond certainty. Conviction doesn't demand that you, or anyone else, play by the rules. After gains, there’s pain; followed by advances, declines and other progressions or was it regressions?
U.S. stock index futures are set for losses
Dow futures are DOWN -0.55% (+133 points) and NASDAQ futures are DOWN -0.51% (+34 points)
U.S. stock index futures pulled back ahead of Friday's open …
European stocks were slightly higher, as investors cautiously managed hopes for progress in Brexit negotiations.
Asian markets slip as investors remained wary amid heightened tensions between the US and China, and uncertainties surrounding the U.K.'s divorce negotiations with the EU.
Data docket: a flash reading of Markit Services PMI data for November at around 9:45 a.m. ET.
- The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology (IBB) is NOT indicating
- The SPDR S&P Biotech ETF (XBI) is NOT indicating
- The Health Care Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLV) is NOT indicating
- The iShares Russell 2000 (IWM) is indicating a NEGATIVE -0.57% DOWNSIDE
U.S. financial markets were closed Thursday for the Thanksgiving Day holiday and there will be an early close Friday.
I foresee low volume as many escaped to a family celebration and a cold front to boot!
From Wednesday’s night’s newsletter: “a Thanksgiving bounce? Upside takeaway: the sector recoiled without conviction yet, pricing moved forward, volume was still low and volatility stayed high!”
Wednesday’s night’s percentage (%) indicators:
- Review the range of the 37 upside from +0.03% (ALNY) to +20.01% (HSGX +$0.09) while the 8 downside ranged from -0.85% (RENE.L) to -8.17% (MDXG) with a 0 flat close.
- 5 out of 37 upside had higher (than the 3 month average) volume
- 4 out of 8 downside experienced diminished (than the 3 month average) volume
The iShares NASDAQ Biotechnology (IBB) in a week’s history lesson; a five session aggregate of a negative -1.27% after 3 downside sessions out of 5!
- In 15 session in November – there were 1 holiday, 7 positive closes, 1 neutral and 8 negative closes
- In 23 sessions in October – there were 17 negative closes and 6 positive sessions;
- In 19 sessions in September – there were 10 negative closes and 9 positive sessions;
- In 21 August sessions – 6 had negative and 15 had positive closes
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide an idea and context:
I don’t expect MUCH from an abbreviated session and IF dips, slips and flips occur – they will be retraced by next week!
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.