July 19, 2019 9:09am
Quarterly results are getting closer as accounts start visiting companies and tabulating Q2 results
BioMarin Pharmaceuticals (BMRN) leads the pack so far (8/1) to the earnings release gate
It's a daunting task to understand risk, seeing the unforeseen; on the basis of my own rules of reliability, I set-up my own “warning analysis” which isn’t machine oriented!
Sustainability remains a cause for concern – any new high is suspect!
Dow futures are UP +0.35% (+95 points), S&P futures are UP +0.25% (+8 points) and NASDAQ futures are also UP +0.32% (+25 points)
U.S. stock index futures are up after two influential Fed officials hinted at more aggressive policy easing;
European stocks are slightly higher on hopes of a Fed rate cut; as the pan-European Stoxx 600 was trading just above the flat line toward midday;
Asia Pacific markets experienced gains with all country indexes up on rising expectations the U.S. Fed could ease monetary policy more than expected;
Fed official are “whispering”
Investors will also be monitoring another escalation of tensions in the Middle East, after President Trump said a U.S. Navy ship destroyed an Iranian drone in a “defensive action” in the Strait of Hormuz.
It’s Friday, many will be exiting early to get a start to the exit for more summer itinerary!
From Thursday’s evening post, “: a sustaining session as the IBB closed UP +0.82% while the XBI closed UP +1.46%. What was today about, it's just speculation, though not a wild one with three (3) out of four (4) positive closes so far this week.”
- The NASDAQ was up +22.04 or +0.27% to 8,207.24;
- The close was positive with an A/D Line of 27/14 and 2 flat and 2 acquired;
- The IBB closed UP +0.82% while the XBI closed UP +1.46%
- The range of the 27 upside was +0.40% (XON) to +6.71% (VSTM) while the 14 downside ranged from -0.07% (CLLS) to -10.18% (ADVM);
- 2 out of the 27 upside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
- 4 out of the 14 downside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
- Q3/19 so far: there were 5 positive, 1 holiday and 8 negative closes;
Low volume is also a concern ... while momentum flys high and botoms low!
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide an idea and context:
- NONE today … let ‘em ride but, caution is my byword!
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.