September 4, 2019 8:50am
Once you go up, one always go down with many sideways twists
Investors paid dearly for this ride …
This market might be rife with optimism yet watch for the coming downside curves
News: Aduro Biotech (ADRO) first patient was dosed in a P2 clinical trial of ADU-S100 (MIW815), a novel STING pathway activator, in combination with KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab), an approved anti-PD-1 antibody, as a first-line treatment for recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC).
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors.
RMi provides the realities of volatility and share pricing in the sector ...
Dow futures are UP +0.90% (+235 points), S&P futures are UP +0.93% (+27 points) and NASDAQ futures are UP +1.09% (+83 points)
U.S. stock index futures were sharply higher Wednesday as tensions in Hong Kong eased after the withdrawal of a controversial bill, easing tensions between the government and protesters;
European stocks higher as UK lawmakers close to blocking no-deal Brexit as the pan-European Stoxx 600 jumped + 0.8%
Asia Pacific stocks are up as Hong Kong following a reports that a controversial extradition bill has been withdrawn as the MSCI Asia ex-Japan index was more than 1.6% higher;
Data docket: international trade figures for July will be released at 8:30 a.m., and light vehicle sales data for August
Wednesday’s gains come after the major indexes posted solid losses in the previous session.
The market “sand box” will be full of traders gobbling up pricing, watch out for sharp elbows!
From Tuesday’s evening post, “Cell and gene therapy equities fell, the first trading day of a historically tough month. Q3 ends in September killing any appreciation that hasn’t taken place. When you’re on a roller coaster, the only thing you can be sure of is you’ll end up back where you started.”
• The NASDAQ was down -88.72 or -1.11% to 7,874.16;
• The IBB closed down -1.67% while the XBI also closed down -1.81%, Monday was a holiday and Friday the IBB closed down -0.67% while the XBI also closed down -0.91%;
• The close was negative with an A/D Line of 12/29 and 2 flats and 2 acquired;
• The range of the 12 upside was +0.48% (FIXX) to +8.62% (HSGX) while the 29 downside ranged from -0.20% (GBT) to -7.08% (BTX);
• 6 out of the 12 upside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
• 3 out of the 29 downside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
Q3/19 to date:
- In July, there were 9 positive, 1 holiday and 13 negative closes;
- In August there had been 12 negative and 10 positive closes
- September started with 1 holiday and 1 negative close
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide an idea and context:
*** What goes down responds to algorithmic “rules” to pop again as news is a premium these sessions, if any ***
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.