September 6, 2019 8:27am
In these markets old ways of thinking and followed are prone to be depreciative
When there are so many questions in the economics and factors – does one sell into strength or weakness – we all understand that one!
News: UniQure NV (QURE) prices 4.89 M share offering at $46.00 to raise $225 M; QURE had dropped on financing news -$8.32 or -14.86% to $47.66 and is down another -$1.34 or -2.81% in pre-market
It's a daunting task to understand risk, seeing the unforeseen; when you’re on a roller coaster, the only thing you can be sure of is you’ll end up back where you started
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors.
Dow futures are UP +0.44% (+118 points), S&P futures are UP +0.43% (+13 points) and NASDAQ futures are UP 0.33% (+28 points)
U.S. stock index futures edged higher as investors looked ahead to key monthly nonfarm payroll numbers;
European markets traded higher as investors monitored Brexit uncertainty and awaited a fresh batch of economic data yet, the pan-European Stoxx 600 traded +0.16 % higher during early trade;
Asia Pacific markets gained waiting for US nonfarm numbers (they’re still dependent on us) as they also watched for developments on the trade front a day after global markets rallied on the back of news that the U.S. and China could return to the negotiating table next month; while the MSCI Asia ex-Japan index rose +0.59%.
Data docket: August nonfarm payroll and unemployment data that will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET, where investors will look for signs about the health of the U.S. economy.
The title says it all ...
Caution is my middle name; thoughts to live by: “slow is smooth and smooth is fast”.
From Thursday’s evening post, “trade and economic news drives the market higher … With the cell and gene therapy sector along for the ride (in some cases) after being oversold. Remember the mythological tale of Icarus. Inanimate machine’s electronic trading and algorithms rules do not include a loyalty code line.”
• The NASDAQ was up +139.95 or +1.75% to 8,116.83;
• The IBB closed up +1.17% and the XBI also closed up +1.48%
• The close was positive with an A/D Line of 31/11 and 1 flat and 2 acquired after Wednesday the close was positive with an A/D Line of 22/20 and 1 flat and 2 acquired;
• The range of the 31 upside was +0.49% (BMRN) to +10.89% (GBT) while the 11 downside ranged from -0.49% (RGNX) to -14.86% (QURE);
• 7 out of the 31 upside had higher than the 3 month average volume while 4 out of the 11 downside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
Q3/19 to date:
- In July, there were 9 positive, 1 holiday and 13 negative closes;
- In August there had been 12 negative and 10 positive closes
- September started with 2 positive, 1 holiday and 1 negative close
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide an idea and context:
*** Caution ***
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.