October 14, 2019 8:40am
Never sign a contract until one blows more than a few bubbles through its holes
NEWS: Regenxbio (RGNX), Adverum Biotechnologies (ADVM) and ReNeuron (RENE.L) all present data at the American Academy of Ophthalmology 2019 Annual Meeting
Insight is about understanding perception and is putting into context what is relevant to expectation fulfillment …
But cannot be imaginative in considering explanations for missing, confusing and often contradictory data while human analysis is able to identify one’s own biases and expectation of what the data might/should/could show!
Dow futures are DOWN -0.21% (-57 points), S&P futures are DOWN -0.23% (-7 points) and NASDAQ futures are DOWN -0.23% (-18 points)
U.S. stock index futures fell Monday;
- Bloomberg reported China said it needed to have further discussions before it would sign off on the so-called phase one trade deal U.S. President Trump touted on Friday
European stocks fell as traders track developments in a crucial week for Brexit, while details of the partial trade accord between the U.S. and China remain hazy as the pan-European Stoxx 600 slipped 1.1%;
Asia Pacific markets rose as investor sentiment improved following last week’s high-level trade negotiations between the United States and China.
Markets are open although the bond market is closed.
Flows into money market funds have increased nearly every week since U.S.-China trade deals hit their first serious roadblock back in May, another sign of increasingly gloomy investor behavior <MarketWatch>.
Tariffs, trade and face-saving cast a pall over equities as earnings season ramps-up …
… “Octoberphobia” — the not-exaggerated fear of share-price drops in the month!
Friday night’s newsletter heading: “bada-bing, the upsides’ my thing as volume is not the foundation of positive moves with a two (2) session upside which is basically supported by the outcome from U.S. – China negotiations. Support needs to be solidified by clinical results; otherwise the machines and algorithms control the spread of the ranges.”
- The NASDAQ closed up +106.27 points (+1.34%)
- The IBB closed up +1.24% while the XBI closed up +1.07%
- The close was positive with an A/D line of 29/13, 0 flat, 1 reversed merged (HSGX) and 2 acquired;
- The range of the 29 upside was +0.41% (CRSP) to +11.23% (SLDB) while the 12 downside ranged from -0.20% (CLLS) to -4.96% (CUR);
- 7 out of the 29 upside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
- 8 out of the 13 downside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
- October registered 4 positive, 1 neutral and 5 negative close, so far …
- September, there were 1 holiday, 11 negative, 7 positive and 2 non reported sessions;
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide an idea and context:
*** I’m STILL following the trading herd but … mindful of upcoming quarterly results and their effect upon share pricing … BUY and get trampled in the coming sessions or SELL into strength or just HOLD and wait to resolve relieve the anxiety until value returns.
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.