November 6, 2019 8:07pm
Which company should investors put, keep and commit their money?
Worry about losing money, not making money," I say. You cut out the heavy losses and the winners take care of themselves
CEOs should be re-thinking a motto: “Duty, Honor and Shareholders” – many have forgotten who they really work for!
I make a commitment to provide need-to-know “facts in evidence” as an equity’s volatility is one tactical signal for stocks.
The Dow closed DOWN -0.07 points (0.00%), the S&P closed UP +2.16 points (+0.07%) and the NASDAQ closed DOWN -24.05 points (-0.29%)
The iShares NASDAQ Biotechnology (IBB) and the SPDR S&P ETF (XBI) indicators:
- Wednesday the IBB closed down -1.21% while the XBI closed down -1.42%
- Tuesday the IBB closed up +0.02% while the XBI closed flat at 0.00%
- Monday the IBB closed down -0.35% while the XBI closed down -0.53%
The advance/decline line scenario of 45 covered companies:
- Wednesday the close was negative with an A/D line of 13/27, 2 flats, 1 reversed merged (HSGX) and 2 acquired;
- Tuesday the close was positive with an A/D line of 23/17, 2 flats, 1 reversed merged (HSGX) and 2 acquired;
- Monday the close was negative with an A/D line of 18/22, 2 flats, 1 reversed merged (HSGX) and 2 acquired;
The sector kissed the deck today as sentiment reacted to EPS, estimates and forecast of the past and present week’s reporting companies.
The Dow’s year-to-date gain now stands at nearly 18% after rallying 3.3% in the past month. The S&P 500 is up more than 22% this year after surging 4% in the past month <CNBC>.
Markets closed Wednesday’s session little changed, struggling to sustain the recent rally that drove the indexes to record highs, as traders worried about U.S.-China trade discussions.
Sloping sentiment is evidence that the upturn in the past four (4) sessions is pretty fragile after October’s
One of my key factors is the “runways”!
- ReNeuron (RENE.L -$6.00);
- Sage Therapeutics (SAGE -$5.73);
- Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT -$2.500;
- Ultragenyx (RARE -$2.34 after Tuesday’s -$0.90);
- Fate therapeutics (FATE -$2.31);
- CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP +$1.23 after Tuesday’s -$1.56 and Monday’s -$2.12)
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS +$2.02 after Tuesday’s -$0.36);
- Vericel (VCEL +$0.40 after Tuesday’s +$2.09);
- ThermoGenesis Holdings (KOOL +$0.35);
- Cellectis SA (CLLS +$0.27);
The percentage (%) indicators:
- Wednesday’s range of the 13 upside was +0.25% (BMRN) to +7.31% (KOOL) while the 27 downside ranged from -0.07% (ONCE) to -16.94% (CUR);
- Tuesday’s range of the 23 upside was +0.34% (ALNY) to +12.86% (VCEL) while the 17 downside ranged from -0.32% (ONVO) to -16.94% (CUR);
- Monday’s range of the 18 upside was +0.09% (ONCE) to +19.63% (BLCM) while the 29 downside ranged from -0.07% (BMRN) to -16.94% (CUR);
Upside volume stats: to compare
- Wednesday: 8 out of the 13 upside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
- Tuesday: 5 out of the 23 upside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
- Monday: 1 out of the 19 upside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
Downside volume stats:
- Wednesday: 8 out of the 27 downside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
- Tuesday: 6 out of the 17 downside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
- Monday: 1 out of the 22 downside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
2 flat – BSTG and SGMO with 1 reverse merged (HSGX), 2 acquired (AST & OSIR) and Spark Therapeutics’ (ONCE) acquisition by Roche could be soon according to rumors from FTC by year’s end.
Wednesday closed NEGATIVE with 27 decliners, 13 advancers, 2 flats and 2 acquired (AST & OSIR) and 1 reversed (HSGX);
Tuesday closed POSITIVE with 17 decliners, 23 advancers, 2 flats and 2 acquired (AST & OSIR) and 1 reversed (HSGX);
Monday closed NEGATIVE with19 decliners, 22 advancers, 1 flat and 2 acquired (AST & OSIR) and 1 reversed (HSGX);
Friday closed POSITIVE with 7 decliners, 33 advancers, 2 flats and 2 acquired (AST & OSIR) and 1 reversed (HSGX);
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.