December 4, 2019 8:18am
As tariff/trade rumors abound with increased volume drove yesterday’s capriciousness
Pre-open indications: SELL – CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP), ReNeuron (RENE.L), uniQure NV (QURE), bluebird bio (BLUE) – “disposable strength”; BUY – Sage Therapeutics (SAGE)
It’s an honor to be considered the “canary in the (sectors) coal mine”! I post about “indication intelligence” devoting my time to collection and analysis of information to assist investors in the perception of sector vulnerabilities and strengths – it’s more than opinion, the facts and truth need to be recognized!
Who is feeding your portfolio profits - RMi’s pre-open indicators or should be!
Dow futures are UP +0.53% (+145 points), S&P futures are UP +0.47% (+15 point) and NASDAQ futures are UP +0.60% (+50 points)
U.S. stock index futures rallied early Wednesday morning, boosted by rumors of the U.S. and China being closer to a trade deal even with private payrolls being up 67 K vs. 125 K expected
European markets were sharing in the optimism on US-China trade hopes with the pan-European Stoxx 600 was up +0.9% during mid-morning deals;
Stocks in Asia mostly slipped after U.S. President Trump said overnight that he may delay a trade deal with China till after the 2020 election while shares in Australia led losses among the region’s major markets;
Data Docket: the ADP private-sector payrolls report out at 8:15 a.m. ET, followed by services PMI at 9:45 a.m. ET, and ISM non-manufacturing data at 10 a.m. ET.
Markets are set to rebound from a 3-day slide but, the sector did step-up to close positive.
There is profit on the table and scrapps on the floor, time to clean-up on both!
Last night’s post: “sector rolls as Audentes Therapeutics’ (BOLD) acquisition stimulates interest in gene therapy as I stated in the a.m. post, “sector defines hope with the sparkle of an acquisition” while others cry and ponder the future…as volume ramps up.’
- The NASDAQ closed DOWN -47.34 points (-0.55%);
- The IBB closed up +0.70% while the XBI closed up +1.36%;
- The close was positive with an A/D line of 25/12, 4 flats, 1 reversed merged (HSGX), 1 dropped (BTX) and 2 acquired;
- The range of the 25 upside was +0.08% (BLCM) to +105.98% (BOLD) while the 12 downside ranged from -0.06% (NTLA) to -3.40% (ONVO);
- 16 out of the 25 upside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
- 6 out of the 12 downside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
Review the content of Q4’s market:
- December register 1 negative and 1 positive closes … so far
- November registered 1 holiday, 12 positive and 8 negative close;
- October registered 10 positive, 1 neutral and 14 negative closes;
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide an idea and context:
Pre-open indications: SELL – ReNeuron (RENE.L),uniQure NV (QURE), bluebird bio (BLUE) ; BUY – Sage Therapeutics (SAGE)
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.