December 11, 2019 9:26am
Overbought and oversold, the flight of volatility and volume from value
Pre-open indications: BUY – downtrodden SGMO and the roller-coaster stock -RENE.L; SELL: BLUE and QURE on strength
Skim if you can trim, buy if it will fly and sell if compelled!
The 6 W’s: Who, what, where, when, why and what of it … so who has done what?
Dow futures are DOWN -0.16% (-44 points), S&P futures are UP +0.13% (+4 point) and NASDAQ futures are UP +0.23% (+19 points)
U.S. stock index futures were lower and mixed Wednesday morning, as investors wait to hear from the “almighty” Fed.
European stocks traded cautiously (same issue – Fed and tariff/trade status) as the pan-European Stoxx 600 hovered just above the flat line;
Asia pacific markets were mixed ahead of U.S. Fed interest rate decision
Data Docket: inflation numbers are due out at 8:30 a.m. ET and Federal budget figures are expected at 2 p.m.
Investors are becoming even more cautious amid the uncertainty of the U.S.-China trade front.
There continues to be no clear indication that the U.S. and China will reach an agreement over trade that could stop or reduce the current level of tariffs. The U.S. is due to impose fresh duties on Chinese goods by Sunday.
As far as the sector goes, American Society of Hematology (ASH) is over; so news will be sporadic.
Two weeks away from the last session of the month and year ‘19.
Tuesday night’s post’s title: “acquisition speculation, who are next, pipelines needed?”
What was the “read’ on last night’s close:
- The NASDAQ closed DOWN -5.64 points (-0.07%);
- Tuesday, the IBB closed up +0.69% and the XBI closed up +1% after Monday’s IBB closed down -0.62% and the XBI closed up +0.10%;
- Tuesday’s range of the 22 upside was +0.% () to +% () while the 17 downside ranged from -0.51% (BLCM) to -12.17% (SGMO);
- 10 out of the 22 upside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
- 6 out of the 17 downside had higher than the 3 month average volume;
Review the content of Q4’s market:
- December register 3 negative and 4 positive closes … so far
- November registered 1 holiday, 12 positive and 8 negative close;
- October registered 10 positive, 1 neutral and 14 negative closes;
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide an idea and context:
Pre-open indications: : BUY – downtrodden SGMO and RENE.L – the roller-coaster stock ; SELL: BLUE and QURE on strength
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.