August 12, 2020 7:44am
It's that feeling when your stomach stops to function, while you anticipate or wait for something versus anything to happen while juggling uncertainty
Pre-open indications: 3 BUYs and 3 SELLs
What I provide is an intelligence daily. RMi outlines the potential prelude to the daily dosage of facts and objectivity! Subscription is coming, it’s not conscription but, an offer to join our collective of like-minded investors!
My gift to you, I've kept RMi subscription FREE during these COVID-19 and volatile times!
Dow futures are UP +0.94% (+260 points), S&P futures are UP +0.74% (+25 points) and NASDAQ futures are UP +0.88% (+96 points)
U.S. stock futures are up bouncing from yesterday’s fall;
European stocks edged mostly higher as the pan-European Stoxx 600 inclined + 0.2%;
Asia-Pacific recovered from earlier losses at the close of the market. In Thailand, markets are closed for a holiday.
Data Docket: The Labor Department is set to release key inflation data on Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. ET. Economists are expecting the consumer price index to increase 0.3% in July, after jumping 0.6% in June. Core CPI is expected to rise by 0.2%, or 1.2% on an annualized basis.
U.S. stock futures rose and pointed to a rebound at the open on Wednesday after the S&P 500 closed lower for the first time in eight days.
Tuesday night’s post title – “sector’s share pricing easy comes and just as easy goes”
- The NASDAQ closed DOWN -185.53 points (-1.69%);
- The IBB closed down -2.22% and XBI also closed down -3.98%;
- Sector volume was LOW with 1 of the 3-upside having higher than the 3-month average volume and the 9 of 32-downside having higher than the 3-month average volume;
- The CBOE Volatility Index (VVIX: INDEX) was up +1.90 points or 8.59% at 24.03;
- Tuesday’s percentage (%) of the 3-upside were +0.18% (VYGR) to +0.88% (RENE.L) while the 32-downside ranges from -$0.69 (BSTG) to -34.96% (MESO);
Last five (5) sessions:
- Tuesday closed negative with 3 advancers, 32 declines and 1 flat
- Monday (8/10) closed positive with 25 advancers, 8 declines and 2 flats
- Friday closed positive with 21 advancers, 11 decline and 3 flats
- Thursday closed negative with 11 advancers, 23 decline and 1 flat
- Last Wednesday closed positive with 19 advancers, 15 decline and 1 flat
Q3 so far:
- August, 4 positive closes and 3 negative closes
- July -11 positive and 11 negative closes with 1 holiday
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide an idea and context:
Biostage (BSTG) closed down -$0.02 after Monday’s +$0.19, Friday’s +$0.20, Thursday’s +$0.32 to $2.50, and last Wednesday’s +$2.18. Keep writing those checks to “PUMP” the share price.
Remember, there are millions of private placement millions unregistered shares (priced at $3.20, $3.60 and $3.70) existing FAR beyond the outstanding shares with more coming …
Warrants can be called <even when they’re not attached to registered stock> as part of a unit deal and what target <execution> date will be met or … even changed to derive capital from these overhangs?
Mrs. bin Zhao, the major stock holder and head of DST Capital, BSTG’s funder: if you had stuck to the original turn-around plan, BSTG would NOT be in this position! YOU will also be held RESPONSIBLE IF and WHEN the Feds step-in.
- Facts are irrefutable and the First amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects American’s free speech.
BioLife Solutions (BLFS) closed down -$2.75 to $19.82 after Monday’s +$1.55 to $22.57 and has a negative -$0.12 or -0.61% aftermarket indication;
Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) closed down -$0.44 to $60.51 after Monday’s-$2.87 and has a positive +$0.79 or +1.31% aftermarket indication;
Editas Medicine (EDIT) closed down -1.32 to $34.19 and has a positive +$0.81 or +2.37% aftermarket indication;
uniQure NV (QURE) closed down -$0.69 to $40.67and has a positive +$0.79 or +1.95% aftermarket indication;
Regenxbio (RGNX) closed down -$0.58 to $33.32 and has a positive +$0.66 or +1.97% aftermarket indication;
Adverum Biotechnologies (ADVM) closed down -$3.11 to $15.59 after Monday’s +$0.24 to $18.70 and has a negative -$0.53 or -3.40% aftermarket indication after announcing a $200 million offering;
The BOTTOM LINE: I’m on vacation but, still watching!
One can take a good or bad feeling, re-frame it, and suddenly that feeling is the solution. Not me, I don’t run from any feeling but, take that sensation itself as a sharpened stick to “poke’ mainstream thinking.
Remember, the 6 W’s: Who, what, where, when, why and what of it
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.