September 21, 2021 4:51pm
But, for how long as markets couldn’t hold the comeback.
Pre-open indication results: 4 Hits and 2 MISS <1 “pumped”
News: bluebird bio (BLUE closed +$0.02 with +$0.37 aftermarket) completed the rolling submission of its Biologics License Application (BLA) to the U.S. FDA for betibeglogene autotemcel (beti-cel) gene therapy in adult, adolescent and pediatric patients with β-thalassemia who require regular red blood cell (RBC) transfusions, across all genotypes.
If you’re looking for sector intel, ideas and facts or Insight in a volatile climate, RMi defines the extenuating factors of share pricing!
Who else is tracking a broad representative index of cell and gene therapy equities – the facts are supported by real numbers?
The Dow closed DOWN -50.63 points (-0.15%); the S&P closed DOWN -3.54 points (-0.08%) while the Nasdaq closed UP +32.50 points (+0.22%)
U.S. stocks on Tuesday struggled to rebound from Monday’s rout, but failed as the Dow and S&P ended lower and closed in the red.
However, Tuesday’s comeback was strong for the stem, cell and gene therapy sector in magnitude with gains across the board; however, market indexes were up, down and mixed.
Big issue coming tomorrow, Wednesday as the Fed’s plans to taper its bond buying and specifically when that will start happening?
RegMed/Stem/Cell and Gene therapy’s 35 covered equities’ Advance/Decline (A/D) lines:
- Tuesday opened positive at 29/5 and 1 acquired, stayed positive at the mid-day at 24/8, 2 flats and 1 acquired, closing positive at 22/9, 2 flats and 1 acquired;
- Monday opened negative at 3/30, 1 flat and 1 acquired, stayed negative at the mid-day at 2/32 and 1 acquired, ending with a negative close of 1/33 and 1 acquired;
RegMed Investors’ (RMi) pre-open: “the bounce back is here while fear is still on the back burner” … https://www.regmedinvestors.com/articles/12103
Pre-open indication results: 4 Hits: <CELLECTIS SA (CLLS +$0.10), CRISP Therapeutics (CRSP +$0.78), Solid Biosciences (SLDB +$0.54), Editas Medicine (EDIT +$0.48)> and 2 MISS: <Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA -$0.62), Biostage (BSTG +$0.25 – “pumped”)>
The Biostage (BSTG) Chronicles: “The Biostage (BSTG) Chronicles - Maintaining Sell - Is this another Theranos – faking it to not make it?” … https://www.regmedinvestors.com/articles/12087
Q2/21 Earnings releases … https://www.regmedinvestors.com/articles/11542 … to date:
- Net Income: 3 and Net losses: 23
- Applied Genetic Technologies (AGTC) reports 9/23
Key Metric - volume:
- Sector volume was LOW with 5 of the 22-upside having higher than the 3-month average volume with Non-Existent volume of 0 of 9-downside having higher than the 3-month average volume;
The Biostage (BSTG) Chronicles: WHAT happened to the usual “pump/promote”?
Tuesday closed up +$0.25 with 654 shares traded after Monday closed down -$0.26 to $3.40 with 563 shares traded after
- Proves my “facts” of the “pump/promote” actions; why hasn’t the SEC questioned who or which entity is buying these shares – there is a definite pattern?
- WERE BSTG’s Q2 8-K and 10-Q filings AUDITED or UNAUDITED for investors?
There are clear winners and losers
Jumping with share pricing momentum:
- uniQure NV (QURE), Fate Therapeutics (FATE), CRISPR Therapeutics (FATE), Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY), Regenxbio (RGNX) to name 5 of the 22 inclining of the 35 covered
Hammered in today’s market:
- BioLife Solutions (BLFS), Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA), Ultragenyx (RARE), AxoGen (AXGN), Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT), Bellicum Pharmaceuticals (BLCM), Caladrius Biosciences (CLBS), Precigen (PGEN), Homology Medicine (FIXX) to name 9 of the 9 declining of the 35 covered
- 2 – Applied Genetic Technologies (AGTC), ReNeuron (RENE’L) and 1 - Stemline Therapeutics (STML) – acquired
The iShares NASDAQ Biotechnology (IBB) and the SPDR S&P ETF (XBI) indicators:
- Tuesday, the IBB closed up +0.97% and XBI closed up +1.16%
- Monday, the IBB closed down -2.13% and XBI closed down -3.10%
The CBOE Volatility Index (VVIX: INDEX) tracked:
- Tuesday was down -1.29 points or -5.02% at 24.42
- Monday was up +4.90 points or +23.55% at 25.71
September, the third month of Q3/21:
Tuesday closed positive with 22 advancers, 9 decliners, 2 flats and 1 acquired
Monday (9/20) closed negative with 1 advancer, 33 decliners and 1 acquired
The BOTTOM LINE: The oversold became the about to be overbought; but who were the buyers – the capricious and profit seeking electronic trading” machines”?
Sentiment is languishing even though the sector rebounded.
The stem, cell and gene therapy sector is still seen as vulnerable to extreme moves in either direction, overbought and oversold categories as risk stimulates the susceptibility!
I’m STILL a “beware or the cautious man” whose focus has always been “warning analysis” … earnings’ season is NOT over … my advice, trim and skim any new highs if one can!”
WHY do I keep analyzing Biostage (BSTG): When one sees an inextricable wrong and morally repulsive scenario; it takes courage, resolve and patience to stay the course of asking the questions without response!
What I provide is a trusted source of share pricing intelligence – it’s more than opinion, the facts and truth need to be recognized!
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.
Regulation Analyst Certification ("Reg AC"): The research analyst primarily responsible for the content of this report certifies the following under Reg AC: I hereby certify that all views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their securities. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report.