August 25, 2022 7:38am
Sector equities have bounced back after two (2) positive sessions that followed five (5) negative sessions; however, many are extended
Pre-open indications: 3 Positive Indications, 3 Negative Indications and 1 Puff/Pump/Promote
RMi outlines a daily bell ringing of “indications” about what you need to know; it’s what could happen or materialize after the opening and what might happen during the session.
More frequently right than consequentially wrong; there is VALUE out there. What I provide is an intelligence daily.
The 8:00 A.M., ET edition
Remember that overnight and pre-open actions in futures don't necessarily translate into actual trading in the coming day’s session.
Dow futures are UP +0.41% or (+135 points), S&P futures are UP +0.66% (+27 points) and NASDAQ futures are UP +0.86% (+110 points) early in the pre-open – so far,
U.S. stock futures were higher Thursday,
European markets were directionless,
Asian Pacific markets were up
Jackson Hole, Wy Federal Reserve meeting begins today, traders will be listening to, for and how the Fed will combat high inflation and if policymakers may cut rates when the current hiking cycle is over.
· Ahead of Powell's speech, it seems the question is not about who needs to hear this message, but about how stern the Fed chair plans to be in his delivery. <MarketWatch>
· Expect Powell to slow the pace of tightening!
Wednesday the Dow, S&P and Nasdaq gained upside traction following Tuesday’s and Monday’s declines after many declining sessions since June “as investors braced for an if-so hawkish message from the Fed” on Friday morning.
The Dow closed UP +59.64 points (+0.18%); the S&P closed UP +12.04 points (+0.29%) while the Nasdaq closed UP +50.23 points (+0.41%)
Economic Data Docket: jobless claims
RegMed Investors’ (RMi) closing bell: “
Ebb and flow –
Q3/22 – August – 10 positive and 8 negative closes
July -1 holiday, 10 negative and 10 positive closes
June – 1 holiday, 9 positive and 11 negative closes
· May - 11 positive and 10 negative closes
· April - 1 holiday, 6 positive and 13 negative closes
· March – 13 negative and 10 positive closes
· February stats: 11 negative, 8 positive closes and 1 holiday
· January stats: 2 holidays, 1 neutral, 13 negative and 6 positive closes
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide ideas and context: INDICATIONS
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) closed up +$4.11 to $221.00 with a negative -$0.99 or -0.45% pre-open indication,
Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics (BCLI) closed up +$0.01 to $4.15 with a negative -$0.16 or -3.86% pre-open indication,
Homology Medicine (FIXX) closed up +$0.16 to $2.82 with a negative -$0.14 or -4.96% pre-open indication
Fate Therapeutics (FATE) closed up +$0.78 to $30.62 with a positive +$2.71 or +8.85% pre-open indication,
BioLife Solutions (BLFS) closed up +$1.09 to $23.36 with a positive +$0.95 or +4.07% pre-open indication,
Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS) closed up +$0.89 to $44.75 with a positive +$0.66 or +1.47% pre-open indication,
Puff/Pump and Promote: Maintaining SELL
Biostage (OTCQB: BSTG) closed up +$2.20 to $7.20 with 13,882 shares traded after Tuesday’s +$0.45 with 1,249 shares traded after Monday’s flat following Friday’s $0.00 with 37 shares traded, Thursday’s -$0.15 with 790 shares traded, Wednesday’s +$0.15 with 1,035 shares traded, Tuesday’s flat (with 1,824 shares traded), and last Monday flat <3 mo. Average = 9867 shares>
· Its BOD approved on 7/28 amending and restating their Certificate of Incorporation to affect a reverse split of the issued and outstanding common stock at a ratio of not less than 1-for-1.25 and not greater than 1-for-5. What about all those PPM (private placements) as an offering follows?
· BSTG seems to have the ONLY avenue to finance to utilize non-U.S. Chinese investors? Are we in favor of Beijing funding and continue to control BSTG in our own country? Another question, makes one wonder, Newbridge Securities?
· How much lipstick is a lot on this pig with an almost 4-year-old IND and NO clinical trial initiation?
· New CFO, number #7 for the chute?
· WATCH and be ready for a BIG reverse of shares to enable offering from multiple private placements as it tries to facilitate an offering with Newbridge Securities?
The BOTTOM LINE: I try to keep it simple … and short!
Some quotes to be remembered, “The real question that should be asked is how many companies are at the end of sentiments leash? Start by looking at cell and gene therapy companies trading below cash!”
How many companies are LOSING the investment high ground?
TOO MANY …!!!
“The stock market rally rose slightly Wednesday, though the major indexes again hit resistance at their 21-day moving averages. Investors don't want to commit heavily before Friday's speech from Fed chief Jerome Powell. The Jackson Hole monetary policy symposium starts today.” <IBD>
As I have written, I devote a lot of time to the direction of the sector to “reckon” the geography of my coverage group.”
With the cell and gene therapy sector shows more signs of drama of upside movement alternating to continued weakness, investors should be playing more defense with existing positions.
That doesn't mean you should flee entirely to cash, but investors make sure gains don't evaporate thus … be quick to drop losing positions.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; RMi’s daily report is a primer that may say little or a lot; yet it serves as insurance that all indications are being examined and evaluated.
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Regulation Analyst Certification (Reg AC): The research analyst primarily responsible for the content of this report certifies the following under Reg AC: I hereby certify that all views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their securities. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions securities referred to in this publication.