January 31, 2024 7:36am
The meanings of perspective have something to do with looking at how the Fed addresses its willingness to keep raising interest rates
Pre-open indications: I am passing
Who is defining the metrics for investors and keeping you notified of the sector and market fluctuations? What RMi provides is a trusted source of share pricing intelligence. Join me … in the NO spin zone!
Never leave an investor uninformed!
Remember that overnight and pre-open actions’ futures and global markets doesn't necessarily translate into actual trading in the today’s market session.
I also follow the dictum, quoting Churchill that “short words are best, and the old words when short are best of all.”
Wednesday: The pre-open Dow futures are UP +0.12% or (+45 points), the S&P futures are DOWN -0.47% or (-23 points) as the Nasdaq futures are DOWN -1.08% or (-190 points)
Futures tied to the Dow are up while futures in the S&P and Nasdaq are diving on Wednesday,
European markets were mixed
Asia Pacific markets were also mixed; China and Korea fell while Australia and Japan gained
We need to more than consider the economic environment to comprehend the micro re “our” universe of cell and gene therapy companies …
Tuesday, indexes closed mixed as the Dow closed UP +133.86 points or +0.35%, the S&P closed DOWN -2.96 points -0.06% while the Nasdaq closed DOWN -118.15 points or -0.76%
Economic Data Docket: Today, the Fed’s rate decision will be front of mind for traders.
- Also, Applications for a mortgage to purchase a home fell 11% last week from the previous week. The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($726,200 or less) remained unchanged at 6.78%. Applications to refinance a home loan increased 2% for the week and were 3% higher than the same week a year ago.
Lat night’s RegMed Investors (RMi) Closing Bell: “What a tangled sector we invest, the cell and gene therapy universe” … https://www.regmedinvestors.com/articles/13306
Q1/24: 2 holidays, 11 negative and 8 positive closes
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide ideas and context:
I post about “indication intelligence” devoting my time to collection and analysis of information to assist investors with insight into sector vulnerabilities and strengths. A dictionary definition of “indicate” refers to something less than a certainty; an indication could be a signal of being oversold or overbought, a recommendation, or grounds for inferring or a basis for believing.
I am passing on forecasting the daily indications – the aftermarket is just a sloppy nothing … while the pre-open is just too mixed of some low cent ups, many higher downs and multiple flats.
The BOTTOM LINE: The RegMed sector… needs to “decant” the algorithmic and electronic trading tourist routine … and UNDERSTAND how and when they pump to buy and a dump to sell.
That is WHY I focus on INDICATIONS
As I wrote, yesterday, “When it comes to short-term investing or trading; the trend is NOT your friend.”
Sector investors need to be cautious about any buys to see how the Wednesday’s dust settles.
Coming attractions …Q4 and FY23 reporting season and “runways” will get measured as consensus and estimates will get missed!
Wednesday coming after Tuesday’s actions and thoughts:
- The stock market rally had a mixed Tuesday as the cell and gene therapy sector dropped its pants and showed its backside – yet again.
- Job openings came in hotter than expected, something Federal Reserve policymakers didn't want to see.
- The Dow rose +0.35%, while the S&P 500 index edged lower -0.06% and the Nasdaq sunk -0.75% in Tuesday's trading.
- The small-cap Russell 2000 fell 0.9%, but it was an inside day after Monday's 1.75% jump.
Welcome to my world of defining the “grey’ in our universe!
- Right up front, “I also hate to be so negative or contrarian but, this is a NO spin zone and facts are its product; I can always be WRONG but … I am mostly EARLY!”
- The sector is what it is, until it isn’t and even then, it doesn’t seem to be… as NOT much changes as the sector’s share pricing rides the waves of volatility, algorithms, electronic trading and short covering.
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives. Regulation Analyst Certification (Reg AC): The research analyst primarily responsible for the content of this report certifies the following under Reg AC: I hereby certify that all views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their securities. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors could hold or have positions securities referred to in this publication and he will NOTIFY investors of holdings.