November 5, 2015 12:47pm
I had set an expectation of a pricing purge! The stem, cell and gene therapy RegMed (SCGT&RM) sector did “peter out” and is back within spitting distance of lows.
Subscription required: http://www.regmedinvestors.com/user/register
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors.
U.S. stocks were slumping in Thursday’s trading, after swinging between gains and losses earlier, as investors moved cautiously ahead of an important employment report due Friday.
The NASDAQ is DOWN -28.61 or -0.40% to 5,121.87 while the DOW is DOWN -0.61 or -0.0% to 17,866.97.
Higher open expected. RegMed’s pre-open, defining the probabilities after three good days - See more at: http://www.regmedinvestors.com/articles/higher-open-expected-regmed-s-pre-open-defining-probabilities-after-three-good-days#sthash.MYjaNeFC.dpuf
Investors should put stem, cell and gene therapy RegMed <SCGT&RM> stocks back on their worry list <they never came off my list>; It comes back in the usual pattern of traders and speculators building positions to SELL as the herd came back to “our” universe just as … financial results are being announced!
- Bill Ackman said Friday that Valeant Pharmaceuticals made a mistake by underinvesting in communications. "Investor relations and government relations are not areas the company has meaningfully invested in," Ackman said. "Investors are willing to accept complexity as long as there is transparency."
- Something applicable to all that ... I have been saying … forever!
A day in the life of the stem, cell and gene therapy RegMed sector:
Stem, cell and gene therapy stocks are back at the their recent declines and with the newest of lows, there are fewer related stocks near or close to any highs!
- The SCGT & RM equities opened negative with an A/DL of 8/28 and 7 flats dropping to a precipitous negative first half hour A/DL’ of 4/35 and 4 flats;
- The first hour stayed negative with an A/DL of 7/35 and 3 flats;
- The second hour’s (11:30 am) was negative with an A/DL of 6/33 and 4 flats;
- The mid-day concluded with a negative A/DL of 32/8 and 3 flats.
Volume is selective and still low in respect to the downdraft!
- The iShares Biotechnology ETF (IBB) fell more than 2%;
- My fear index, the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) traded near 15.
Dosing the sector – 43 Patients:
- Open: NEGATIVE with 28 decliners, 8 advances and 7 flats;
- 1st half-hour: NEGATIVE with 35 decliners, 4 advancers and 4 flats;
- First full hour (10:30 am): NEGATIVE with 35 decliners, 5 advancers and 3 flats;
- Second hour (11:30 am): NEGATIVE with 33 decliners, 6 advancers and 4 flats;
- Mid-day (12:30 pm): NEGATIVE with 32 decliners, 8 advancers and 3 flats
Who is down – top 5?
- bluebird bio (BLUE) is down -$19.65 to $70.50;
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) -$4.78 to $50.95;
- Intrexon (XON) -$1.65 to $37.71;
- Spark Therapeutics (ONCE) -$1.52 to $58.51;
- uniQure (QURE) is down -$1.47 to $19.12
Who was UP?
- Cellectis ADR (CLLS) is up +$3.02 to $38.03;
- Histogenics (HSGX) +$0.30 to $4.55;
- AxoGen (AXGN) +$0.0815 to $4.89;
- Fate Therapeutics (FATE) +$0.08 to $4.85;
- BioLife Solutions (BLFS) +$0.07 to $2.32;
- MiMedx (MDXG) is up +$0.02 to $7.57
Who is flat?
- Reneuron (RENE.L) at $3.75;
- Mesoblast ADR (USOTC: MBLTY) at $12.33;
- VistaGen (VSTA) at $6.60
I bring fresh perspectives that yield a whole that is greater than the sum of the parts as I convey a spectrum of factors that explain outcomes, analytical principles and analysis without the encumbrance of I-Banking.
The facts stated and the opinions given in this publication are based on data and information considered to be reliable and have been carefully worked into my analyses and prognoses. However, no guarantee can be given as to their fairness, accuracy or completeness.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities as referred to in this publication.