February 4, 2021 7:53am
COVID-19 vaccine sentiment stays low, as some states suffer logistical failures, falling behind in vaccinating many especially seniors
Pre-open indication: 7 BUYs
News: Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) expanded access protocol (EAP) for Oxbryta® (voxelotor) in pediatric patients with sickle cell disease (SCD) has been initiated and is currently enrolling <pre-market indication: +$0.49>
What I provide is a trusted source of share pricing intelligence that ensures that investors are kept apprised of “our” universe, the RegMed/cell and gene therapy sector and its surrounding markets
Subscription is coming, it’s not conscription but, an offer to join our collective of like-minded investors!
Dow futures are UP +0.04% (+13 points), S&P futures are UP +0.12% (+4.50 points) and NASDAQ futures are UP +0.39% (+52 points)
U.S. stock indexes are flat early Thursday attempted to support Wednesday’s slow moves,
European markets inched higher as investors remain focused on earnings reports and developments on the coronavirus pandemic,
Asia-Pacific markets slipped on Thursday, with South Korea leading the losses as the MSCI’s index of Asia-Pacific shares declining -0.65%.
Data Docket: The Labor Department’s jobless claims report, due at 8:30 a.m. ET; economists expect first-time claims to total 830,000 for the week that ended Jan. 30.
I am NOT expecting much today for out sector …
Quarterly earnings LPS (loss-per-share) releases are stacking-up:
- Brainstorm Cell Therapy (BCLI) reports today financial results for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2020, and provided a corporate update; <https://finance.yahoo.com/news/brainstorm-announces-full-2020-financial-120000929.html >
- Applied Genetic Technologies (AGTC) will report financial results for the fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2020 before the market opens on Thursday, February 11, 2021; the conference call begins at 8:00 AM ET;
- AxoGen (AXGN) will report Q4 and FY20 financial results on Monday, February 22, 2021 after the market closes;
- Mesoblast (MESO) reported 1/28/2021 < https://finance.yahoo.com/portfolio/pf_10/view/v1>
Wednesday’s evening’s recap: “a Bayesian probability. How does one measure the up, downs and round-abouts of the sector by seeing how factors of volume, share pricing and expectations and probabilities are interpreted” … https://www.regmedinvestors.com/articles/11753
- The Nasdaq closed DOWN -2.23 points (-0.02%);
- The IBB closed down -0.38% and XBI closed down -1.33%
- Sector volume was LOW with 1 of the 17-upside having higher than the 3-month average volume with the increased volume of 5 of 16-downside having higher than the 3-month average volume;
- The CBOE Volatility Index (VVIX: INDEX) was down -2.65 points or -10.37% at 22.91;
- Wednesday’s percentage (%) of the 17-upside were +0.03% (IONS) to +9.73% (AGTC) while the 16-downside ranges from -0.53% (ADVM) to -20.60% (CLLS);
February: 3 positive closes
January: 10 positive, 9 negative closes and 1 holiday, so far
Companies in my headlights – It’s your decision; I provide an idea and context:
Biostage (BSTG) closed up +$0.07 to $2.00 with 129 shares traded after Tuesday’s being flat at $1.93 with 205 shares traded, Monday’s +$0.13 to $1.93 with 1,211 shares traded, Friday’s -$0.06 to $1.80 with 7,338 shares traded and last Thursday’s +$0.06 to $1.86 with 15,597 shares traded.
- Question#1: Volume of shares traded without any news for months and quarters does NOT correlate; does it reflect desperation of DST Capital or its cohorts that is pumping the share volume for pricing in an attempt to exercise the outstanding warrants?
- Question#2: WHO is responsible for the dying trajectory of the approved IND’s initiation of a clinical trial; isn’t it - William (Bill) Fodor – CSO (chief scientific officer)? Is it not CSO Fodor’s responsibility to advance the science – are there problems you haven’t told the public shareholders and WHERE is the BLAME due?
- Question#3: WHY is TRANSPARENCY such a major issue for BSTG’s lack of communication to public shareholders?
- Question#4: WHEN does the clinical trial initiate or is there yet, another payment issue with a CRO as the last one (BBA) refused to file the IND unless paid?
Athersys (ATHX) closed up +$0.15 to $2.62 with a positive +$0.28 or 10.69% pre-market indication. Highs come and go;
bluebird bio (BLUE) closed up +$0.04 to $46.45 and has a positive +$1.25 or +2.69% pre-market indication;
CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP) closed down -$3.65 to $164.50 after Tuesday’s +$2.47 to $168.17, Monday’s -$0.02 to $165.68, Friday’s $165.68 and last Thursday’s $167.42 with a positive +$1.51 or +0.92% pre-market indication;
Editas Medicine (EDIT) closed down -$3.51 to $62.16 after Tuesday’s $65.67, Monday’s $62.89, Friday’s $61.35 and last Thursday’s $61.13 with has a positive +$1.34 or +2.16% pre-market indication;
Intellia therapeutics (NTLA) closed down -$3.92 to $66.60 after Tuesday’s $70.52, Monday’s$64.15, Friday’s $62.62 and last Thursday’s $63.97 with a positive +0.75 or +1.13% pre-market indication
UniQure NV (QURE) closed down -$0.69 to $35.71 after Wednesday’s $36.40. Tuesday’s $36.00, Monday’s $35.41, Friday’s $35.88 and last Thursday’s $36.30 with a positive +$0.88 or 2.46% aftermarket indication.
The BOTTOM LINE: What changes?
Reiterating, “There is STILL a short-term tone in the sector – “our’ universe of RegMed, stem, cell and gene therapy equities.”
Again, “forewarned … earnings LPS (los-per-share) season is coming quickly – my advice, trim and skim!”
Opinions expressed are those of the author and are subject to change, and not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results, nor investment advice.
Whether information or intelligence is good, bad or somewhere in between; I put into context what is relevant and useful for investors. All investments are subject to risks. Investors should consider investment objectives.
Henry McCusker, the editor and publisher of RegMed Investors does not hold or have positions in securities referred to in this publication.